Did Someone Else’s Negligence Cause a Loved One’s Wrongful Death?
Murrieta Fatal Accident Attorneys Defend Families Throughout California
It is hard to imagine something more traumatic than losing a loved one to a preventable fatal accident. Unexpectedly, you need to prepare funeral services, pay burial expenses, evaluate your economic situation and cope with devastating loss. The pain and suffering you experience may lead you to believe that there is no hope for a future. While you cannot turn back the clock, you can pursue the parties that contributed to your loved one’s death. A wrongful death lawsuit can help set standards for the future and ease your financial burdens while you cope with your emotional recovery. If you are struggling with unthinkable loss, then our Murrieta fatal accident attorneys can help.
You deserve a personal injury lawyer who is compassionate, reliable, respectful, creative and genuine. The fatal accident attorneys at our law firm understand how delicate this time can be and will work directly with you throughout your case. We are passionate about helping you understand your legal options after losing a loved one to a fatal accident. Our law firm will use every resource necessary to help you fight for justice and seek recovery compensation.
What Are Common Causes of Fatal Injuries?
A wrongful death lawsuit allows you to hold the negligent person or entity accountable for their contribution to a fatal accident. You may have questions concerning your loved one’s accident and/or if you are eligible to file a wrongful death claim. These are hard questions to answer as every fatal accident is unique, creating its own set of challenges. The best way to address your concerns is to contact a skilled Murrieta attorney. However, common grounds for a wrongful death claim often include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car accidents and other vehicle crashes are a major contributor to wrongful death claims. We represent families that have lost a loved one due to drunk driving, distracted and/or speeding drivers as well as accidents on freeways.
- Workplace Accidents: Many professionals face risks in the workplace. However, if your lost loved one was a responsible employee and his or her death was a result of negligent business practices, then you may be able to hold his or her employer — or a third party — liable for the accident.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Unfortunately, nursing home neglect is on the rise. If you believe that a relative received substandard care at a nursing home facility, resulting in his or her wrongful death, then our attorneys can investigate the details.
- Medical Malpractice: Common instances of medical malpractice involving wrongful death include medication prescription errors, surgical mistakes and ignoring test results.
- Product Liability: If a product is used as instructed but a fatal accident occurs due to a malfunction or product defect, then you may be able to hold the manufacturer liable.
- Premises Liability: A slip and fall accident can be fatal. Our firm can identify what party — or parties — are responsible for hazardous conditions on a property that led to a loved one’s wrongful death.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Wrongful Death Claim?
Our goal is to help you recover the maximum available compensation and to minimize the impact your loved one’s wrongful death has on your life. Generally, wrongful death claims are based on losses suffered by the deceased. This can recover the decedent’s injuries, pain, and suffering experienced prior to the time of death. In some cases, it may also be possible to file a separate “survivorship” action for your own losses.
Wrongful death claims can be filed by a spouse, domestic partners and other specified family members, who may be able to recover:
- Funeral Expenses: Burial and other final expenses can compound quickly. If your wrongful death claim is successful, then you may be able to recover these costs.
- Loss of Companionship: If you had a close relationship with your lost loved one, then you can pursue compensation for your emotional suffering.
- Loss of Marital Relations: Your quality of life is reduced when you lose your partner. There are legal options that surviving loved one can pursue to fight for compensation for this unimaginable loss.
- Loss of Society: Losing your loved one may have removed certain household or community benefits, which you may be able to claim.
- Psychological Treatment: The road to recovery after losing your loved one can be long. Programs, counselors and other treatment may be listed as damages in your claim.
Lose a Loved One? Our Murrieta Fatal Accident Attorneys Can Help
Coping with a devastating but preventable loss of someone important in your life? Questions about your rights as a survivor? Do you have concerns that details in your loved one’s accident have not been accurately reported? You and your family do not need to bear the financial and emotional burden of a loved one’s wrongful death alone. The Murrieta wrongful death attorneys at our law firm can help you get through this difficult time in your life. At no cost to you, we can review your claim in a free initial consultation.
We work hard to ensure that your wrongful death claim eases your pain rather than makes it worse. Let our lawyers guide you through this process and handle the legal burden for you so you can focus on your family. Learn about your legal options by scheduling a free case evaluation with our firm. Call 951-370-1111 or contact us online. We represent individuals and family members in Murrieta, Temecula and the surrounding areas after the loss of a loved one. Hablamos español.