Hurt or Lose a Loved One in a Trucking Accident?
Murrieta Truck Accident Attorney Defends Victims and Offers Free Consultations
If an 18-wheeler truck weighing an average of over 100,000 pounds smashes into a car, then the resulting damage is often extreme. In many cases, the automobile may be crushed and the passengers severely injured or killed. The accident could also cause a multi-car pileup that stops traffic and leaves numerous victims with badly damaged vehicles and life-changing injuries. In the moment, truck accident victims and their families may try to piece together what happened. However, before you can get a clear grasp on the situation, insurance companies and unsolicited truck company representatives will start calling you. This adds confusion to an already devastating and stressful time. However, a Murrieta truck accident attorney can take on the legal burdens and headaches after a truck accident so that you can focus on you and your family’s recovery.
The attorneys at Gnau & Tamez have been successfully helping victims of trucking accidents for several years. If you or a family member has been injured in an 18-wheeler accident — or if you have recently lost a loved one in a tractor trailer crash — then our California law firm can help. We work for your benefit and use every resource available to fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Are Commons Causes of Trucking Accidents?
A truck accident claim is complex. Usually, claims involve significant property damage, debilitating injuries and/or wrongful death. Additionally, your case requires an in-depth understanding of California and federal trucking regulations, as well as other state and federal factors. Additionally, determining liability will depend on the factors that caused the accident.
Common examples of 18-wheeler accident causes include:
- Truck drivers driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI).
- The truck driver logging excessive hours resulting in driver fatigue or falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Careless or reckless driving.
- Defective tires, brakes and other vehicle parts.
- Inadequate or improper truck maintenance.
- Improperly loaded cargo.
- Negligent hiring or supervision by trucking companies.
- Negligent highway design.
When you seek compensation for your repair bills, medical expenses and other losses, you need an experienced Murrieta truck accident lawyer on your side to ensure that you receive appropriate restitution. Our attorneys will work to gather evidence to identify all responsible parties for your accident in order to build the strongest case possible.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
Truck accident injuries can occur no matter how carefully you drive — more often than not, the truck driver and/or the trucking company are to blame. Every driver has a responsibility to each other to ensure efficiency and safety. Still, vehicles swerve, drivers ignore road signs and motorists are often negligent. Additionally, Interstate 5 (I-5) near Murrieta is one of the most dangerous and deadliest highways in the entire United States. Catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths occur on this road every year. Therefore, it is important to know what you should do in case of an accident. Here are some helpful tips and guidelines:
- Call 911 and check for injuries. The safety and health of you and your loved ones should be your first priority. If you or anyone else needs medical attention, call 911 immediately. After giving attention to your immediate situation, keep in mind that others could be harmed as well. This is especially true in the event of a truck accident which often results in life-changing injuries.
- Document and exchange information. If you are able, then record video and take pictures. Get contact information from the other driver(s) as well as anyone on the scene that witnessed the trucking accident. Have a record of the facts and create a backup just in case. This easily obtained data can ultimately expedite your case and maximize recovered damages.
- Call a lawyer as soon as possible. It is important to contact a truck accident attorney because insurance representatives will contact you immediately after the crash asking for a statement. Truck accident cases do not work the same way as other car accident claims. The sooner your lawyer can begin an investigation, the better.
Need Help After a Trucking Accident? Call a Murrieta Truck Accident Attorney
When a truck accident happens, the chances of injury or wrongful death is high. As a survivor, you need to focus on getting your life back together. Do not let someone else’s negligence prevent you from getting a fair recovery. While no amount of money can bring back a lost loved one or your optimal health, the compensation from a truck accident case can help relieve the economic burdens caused by the injury or wrongful death. Through our experience and work with trusted experts, our law firm can work to maximize your claim.
Serving Murrieta and the San Diego area, our attorneys have more than 25 years of combined experience representing injury victims. Our team respectfully works with families of individuals killed in semi truck and tractor trailer accidents. We follow you through not only your claim, but throughout your medical treatment as well. Our attorneys can advise you on your legal options to help find sources to pay for necessary treatment. We have helped countless victims obtain just compensation for their injuries, and we can do the same for you or your family member. To learn more, please contact us today at (951) 370-1111 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation at no cost to you with a Murrieta truck accident attorney at our firm.